Is Your Resume Being Ignored by Hiring Managers?
Are you actively applying for job after job but your phone isn't ringing?
Are you actively searching for your dream job
but not getting interviews or offers?
Does any of this sound familiar:
The reason for all of those problems could simply be an ineffective resume.
The Real Impact of an Ineffective Resume
- You know what you want in a new job but have no idea of what code you have to crack to get it?
- You know you have great things to offer a new company but don't feel that your resume conveys that message?
- You’re sending out resume after resume—dozens, maybe even hundreds—and getting little or no response?
- You feel like you took wrong turn somewhere along the way but have no idea how to get back on track?
- You feel trapped in your current situation, afraid, sometimes, that you may never find another job?
When your resume isn’t doing its job, you could find yourself:
Here’s How Things Could Look Instead
- Stressed and anxious
- Worried about money
- Uncertain about your future
- Stuck in a job you hate...not wanting to get out of bed in the morning...being miserable all day at work...returning home exhausted and frustrated
- Taking out frustrations on family
- Depressed/withdrawing from things you love
- Feeling hopeless
Armed with an amazing resume that outlines your hidden potential in plain English, you could find yourself:
- Confident that you’ll never be out of work again—and that you’ll never have to settle for less than what you want in a job
- Increasing your personal bottom line by being offered a higher salary—because your polished, professional resume makes you look like you deserve more money
- Eager to go to work every day—because you love what you do and feel appreciated by co-workers, managers and customers/clients
- In a job you love and loving your life—not in 2 months or 2 years but NOW
It’s All Possible When You Partner with a Pro
My name is Terrie Osborn, and my work as a professional resume writer for the past 30+ years has helped countless professionals in all fields and industries and at all levels to better position themselves as an ideal candidate for their ideal jobs so they never have to worry about settling for less. I watch client after client shift away from jobs that do nothing for them any more (if they ever did) into careers that they love. Below are some things people have told me after working with me:
Testimonials from clients:
A few recent success stories:
- Since the revamp last month and your guidance on networking I have two very good companies looking my way. I should have spoken to you months ago. Thanks again for you help!
—Manufacturing Operations Manager
- I received the documents the other day and the resume is amazing! When I first looked at it I thought, ‘That’s not me’ but I’ve realized that, it is me! My wife had encouraged me to get my resume done professionally but I hadn’t wanted to spend the money, I thought I could do it on my own, but you saw the resume I created for myself and it’s nowhere near what you made for me. Obviously I could have never done this myself.
—Sr. Sales Executive
- After having the resume for two weeks I’ve started to get calls already, and I’ve been really surprised by that. I’ve been wanting to go back to Baltimore and have been getting calls from there. Thank you so much.
I also help people to move up within their current company.
Retail Distributions Operations/Customer Service Director transitioned from being downsized with no notice to a new job within two weeks—after interviewing with and receiving offers from five good companies in her field.
- Fiscal Officer selected over 50+ other highly qualified candidates for a Comptroller position at a large university (changed jobs within two months).
- Senior HR Manager—wanting to relocate to be closer to family-shifted from a highly visible and productive role with a large New York State insurance organization to an even larger, better-paying HR position in California in less than 3 months.
- Recent Accounting Graduate went back to college after many years in accounts payable and bookkeeping roles—landed an Accounting position with a Fortune 500 company after receiving several solid offers within four weeks
- Seasoned Pharmaceutical Sales Rep selected from among 10+ highly qualified internal candidates for a newly opening sales role in her company.
- Maintenance Mechanic landed highly competitive (400+ candidates) and coveted (employee’s children get free tuition) job in his field at a college. Hiring committee ultimately reduced the candidate list to four people and then selected this person based on his spectacular resume.
—out of many more!
For whatever reason you’re ready to make a job or career change—whether your current employer is making the decision for you or you're making it on your own—a new resume can help make your transition to a new job fast and easy.
How it works
We begin by identifying and drawing out strengths and value you may not even know you have, and then I take over from there, using industry knowledge, "hot button words" and effective resume techniques designed to get the attention and interest of hiring managers. My clients have said that I take the pain out of the resume process and help them shave weeks and months—sometimes even years—off their job searches.
The benefits of having a great new resume include:
Get Started Now!
- The new resume will just feel very good to you! You’ll feel better about going forward in a job search and the good/better feelings will ripple out through the job finding process, your family and home life, and all the rest of your life!
- Your resume will dominate employers’ resume stacks and employers will put your name on their short list—even before they meet you, they’ll want you!
- And best of all, they’ll expect to pay you more money than they were originally going to offer for the job, because they’ll be able to see the superior value you’re offering their company!
The next step is to get on the phone for a 15 minute conversation with me to see if working with me feels like it’s the right next step for you.
Here’s how you can schedule this:
– Call me at (315) 676-3315
– Or click here to schedule a time for a phone call
– Or click here to email me: TerrieOsborn@gmail.com
I look forward to helping you get on track to the career you want!
Terrie Osborn, Resume Writing Services
Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
Certified Empowerment and Motivational Coach (CEMC)
Published in Knock ’em Dead Resumes by Martin Yate and
Top Notch Executive Resumes by Katharine Hansen, PhD
Contract resume writer for TheLadders.com and Monster.com
Current and Past Affiliations
- Professional Association of Resume Writers (PARW)
- Career Directors International (CDI)
- National Resume Writers Association (NRWA)
- Career Management Alliance (CMA)
- Career Planning & Adult Development Network (CPADN)
|Terrie Osborn, CPRW
|Call: (315) 676-3315